Saturday 7 December 2013

Christmas feelings

It has dawned on me that Christmas is nearly upon us. The many youtubers sharing their festive favourites, christmas tags and vlogmas' has got me thinking about how the Christmas spirit is dieing. People are trying so hard to remember what it was like to wake up on Christmas out of pure excitement and find presents under the tree and the smell of Turkey in the morning before the Christmas dinner. Unfortunately that dies after a while and you get on with your life. I'm 17 and to be honest, it is slowly fading. I haven't had normal packed presents under the tree in two years because I've had many things given to me before Christmas or things I've told my mum that it counts as a Christmas gift.
Last year I spent Christmas in Poland and it was pretty special with the snow and festivities (mulled wine hehe). Then spending New Years in Zakopane (google it), one of the most special New Years experiences where I climbed up to the top of Gubalowka (again, google) to see the fireworks from above from the whole city. But even after that, I felt somewhat sad that the year has ended and it didn't even feel great. Remembering how fun it was to stay up late all the time just to watch the 1st January come at 12:00am but now its normal because I stay up that late on a daily basis and it doesn't bother me that a new day is dawning.
We try and bring all that back with scented candles, hot chocolate, christmas jumpers and Michael Buble on repeat (me right now) but as much as we try, we are getting older.

However what should stop you from enjoying making it as festive as possible. Put the kettle on, make a hot chocolate, blast that WHAM! tune and stay cosy for the season and eat as much of that turkey and cranberry as possible. We only get this once a year and why shouldn't we anyway. Mistletoe is an excuse for a cheeky kiss from your crush and an opportunity to play Secret Santa and make someone really happy by giving. This season is full of year long benefits and fun. ENJOYYYY!!!

Possible Videos: The Christmas Tag, Post Doctor Who video and Sherlock countdown and anything that pops in my head.

Love, Anne-Marie x

No comments:

Post a Comment